Raw Labs, London
November 9th 2018
12.00hs intro and welcome: this workshop is about self care, about feelings, memories and emotions. we will breath, write and use our senses gently.
12.15hs From the inside to the outside
- breathing exercise and slow movement (arms, neck, improvise a bit, see kind of ppl involved and how agile or predisposed they are to do it)
- self massage face, ears and hands
- think about a special word, a praying word, a protection word, something you consider special and with an unique meaning for you
12.30hs Writing* (this can be private or shared later if we wish so, but with no obligation)
- Give advice to yourself in the past Choose a particular age you have been, perhaps a time when you were particularly lost. Write out a list of practical advice to yourself at that age. Begin the list with this header: ‘Advice to Michelle Cambell at Sixteen” (only use your name and whatever age you want). You must specify the age of the you that you are giving advice, for example, don’t just say ‘Hold on to your heart’, but instead say ‘Don’t go out with Kevin, he will eventually cheat on you. Go out with Jake instead, he is actually cooler”. If you need to use fake names, go ahead. It is easy to say that everything happens for a reason, but take this opportunity to redirect yourself toward what you think might have been better. Sure everything turned out okay, but maybe you should have quit that job five years earlier, maybe you should have had children when you were 2, maybe you should have flossed, maybe you should have gone to the alternative high school, or not say that thing to your best friend. Tell yourself what to do in clear, specific language. Do not write an essay make it in list form.
- Make a list of things you at first disliked but later learned to love
13.00hs Sensory exercise
- blindfolded, in pairs explore elements and objects and talk about them. Questionnaire.
13.30hs Embroidering a meaningful word
Think about a word that is meaningful to you, a protection or mantra word and embroider it.
Make a bundle. That will be you amulet. You can burn your bundle on the next full moon (November 23rd), on NYE or on a date you consider special.
* Exercises borrowed from Learning to Love you More, a project by Miranda July and Harrell Fletcher
**Rosemary is good for removing negative energy and is also added for soothing and encouraging a sense of peace. It is also an herb known for strengthening the memory and helping the brain. Lavender provides both color and scent, and is good for calming, protection, and cleansing. Sage isn't just known for being an antibacterial,the smoke from sage to use to cleanse, bless and heal, remove negativity from an object or person being cleansed. Sage is unique because of the many different types and scents... From White Sage, Common Sage to Desert Sage and for those who may dislike the scent of White Sage, Desert and Loaded sage mixes are the best alternative for the hints of woody and sweet scents which is for Cleansing, Balance, Strengthening.